During the last couple of months, Quetico Foundation challenged paddlers and nature enthusiasts to “Portage, Snap and Share” to raise awareness and funding for Quetico, the Iconic Wilderness Class Park. Thank you to everyone who took part in the challenge and donated. Congratulations to the following #QueticoPortageChallenge winners. Thank you to all the sponsors, we really appreciate your support!
Facebook Post – Had an absolute blast doing the #queticoportagechallenge !!! I decided to go big and tackle the longest section of portages, the Memory Lane Portages. Check out www.queticofoundation.org to donate toward protecting this slice of wilderness along with others.
Facebook Post – What a great concept! Thanks Quetico Foundation for thinking of this. We had fun with it, while thinking of a short 20 metre portage from Beg into Bud Lake. Of course, many have been there over the years as it is a main route from the north into the heart of Quetico. Access from Nym Lake, Stanton Bay, or Dawson Campgrounds through Pickerel Lake. Brings back memories from the mid-seventies.
Silliest Portage – Sue’s Outdoor Crew
Prize – Nova Craft’s 50th Anniversary Paddle and A Paddler’s Guide to Quetico and Beyond by Kevin Callan
Sponsors – Nova Craft Canoe and Firefly Books Inc.
People’s Choice – Tents and Timber (Alex and Jess)
Prize – Great Lakes Decorative Wall Art and A Paddler’s Guide to Quetico and Beyond by Kevin Callan
Sponsors – Kingdom Outdoor Products and Firefly Books Inc.
Donor’s Draw – Vicky Oros Beam
Prize – The Happy Camper Paddle, A Paddler’s Guide to Quetico and Beyond and Top 60 Canoe Routes of Ontario by Kevin Callan
Sponsors – Badger Canoe Paddles and Firefly Books Inc.
- Swifty Paddler – Medical First Aid – Adventure Medical Kits
- Camping Family – Gift Pack – Chilly Moose
- Bryan Couch – Gift Pack – Canadian Canoe Museum
- Lauren Monk – Gift Card – Algonquin Outfitters
- Tori Goes Outside – Kettle – Kelly Kettle
- Preston “The Cowboy” Hunter – Go Paddle a Canoe t-shirt – Backcountry Custom Canoes
- Hank Hofmann – Gift Pack – Canadian Canoe Museum
- Brian Jackson – Gift Pack – Ben’s Bug Repellent