The Quetico Foundation is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator. In this role, you will play a crucial part in supporting our organization’s mission by developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies to secure financial resources for our conservation initiatives.
Position Title: Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator
Organization: Quetico Foundation
About Quetico Foundation: The Quetico Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and sustainable management of the Quetico Provincial Park, a pristine wilderness area in Ontario, Canada. Committed to environmental conservation, education, and advocacy, the foundation works towards ensuring the long-term health and ecological integrity of the Quetico wilderness.
- Strategy Development:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies aligned with the foundation’s goals.
- Donor Engagement:
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with individual donors, corporate sponsors, and other potential funding sources.
- Communicate the impact of donations and keep donors informed about the foundation’s projects and achievements.
- Event Coordination:
- Plan and organize fundraising events, both virtual and in-person, to attract and engage supporters.
- Coordinate logistics, marketing, and outreach efforts for successful fundraising events.
- Grant Writing:
- Research and identify potential grant opportunities.
- Prepare compelling grant proposals and applications to secure funding from foundations and government agencies.
- Communication and Marketing:
- Work closely with the communications team to create fundraising materials, including newsletters, social media content, and promotional materials.
- Utilize various channels to effectively communicate the foundation’s fundraising initiatives.
- Data Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor databases.
- Track and analyze fundraising metrics to assess the success of campaigns and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong passion for environmental conservation and a commitment to the mission of the Quetico Foundation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in fundraising, event planning, or related fields is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and motivation for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2024
The Quetico Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Thank you for your interest in supporting the conservation of the Quetico wilderness.